Tuesday 20 December 2011

Project Brief

My project initially looks at portraiture in general, for which I researched different portraiture artists, including graphic artists, photographers and painters, before going on to use different methods and materials to create portraiture pieces, including monoprints and tonal studies. After investigating portraiture in general, I decided to look into replacing faces.

I chose to stem my project off into a different, more specific topic while I was approaching the making of my final piece. I looked into fire and burning in art, alter egos and schizophrenia art, before deciding to create my final piece based around the topic of "replacing faces"; I looked into different ways of replacing faces, including the use of other photos, words and masks. I decided to create my final piece in video format, so I also looked at video artists. I then combined these ideas to create the trials leading up to my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment